Thursday, April 19, 2007

another attempt at cereal

I think the reason I enjoy giving Morgan solid food is that she makes some of the most interesting and hilarious faces while I do it. We had our second attempt at eating rice cereal this morning. At first I think Morgan was just confused as to why on earth I kept putting a spoon in her mouth inciting her to close her lips. However, after I offered her some on my finger, which she greedily sucked off, she got the point. After a few finger fulls, I offered Miss MJ the spoon again. This time she lunged at it in an attempt to get it in her mouth. The trick was that once she had the cereal in her mouth she wasn't quite sure what to do with it. The pensive and confused look on her face was priceless (sorry no pictures). She had great fun playing with the cereal that I had spread all across her highchair tray. She did her own form of infant finger painting and then planted her hands in her mouth. then we tried the spoon again. After a little while she got the hang of it but since by that point she was decidedly hungry she got impatient and wanted her bottle.

I can't wait to do this again over the weekend so her Daddy can have fun with food too!

No comments: