Monday, April 16, 2007

Is this pink?

Even before Morgan was born Jim and I agreed that just because she was going to be a girl did not mean that we would dress her in pink. Personally, I hate pink. I also find it funny that for some reason people naturally think that if a baby is dressed in anything other than Pepto pink clothes (for example pale lavender with flowers) the baby must automatically be a boy. "Lady, she's wearing flowers!"

All in all our relatives and friends have been quite accommodating with our "no pink" rule on clothing (the one major exception was Valentine's Day. She wore pink then). However, this outfit recently arrived in the mail and Jim and I have been debating for a few days now as to whether this counts as pink, or an outfit with some pink on it.

And yes, I do realize that Murphy, who has taken a special interest in my dealings with Morgan recently, is bound to come back around and kick me in the ass. I figure that my little no-pink-wearing-girl will eventually tell me that she wants to only wear pink tutus and she wants to be a cheerleader. Oh, it gives me a headache already just thinking about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks familiar- I thought we were more relaxed with the pink color. I wouldn't call that pink Glad I sent orange outfits last week AB

Paige said...

yes. love the cute little orange rompers you sent. They went into the wash today to be worn this week. :)

Heather said...

Aw, that's cute...I'd say it's an outfit with some pink. I mean, maybe it's more pink than you'd like, but it's such a cute little outfit!!!

Stacie said...

It's pink. Sorry. It's cute, but it's pink.

I am SO SICK of pink. I feel like the most selfish person in the world because I get annoyed when people give us pink (or worse yet, matching pink and blue) outfits. There are so many nice colors out there. Why pink, baby clothing industry? Why? Why?