Friday, May 25, 2007

De-Lurking Day

So thanks to Stacie I now have the ability to see how many people check my blog each day. Even cooler than that, I can tell where they come from (Dave and Chinatsu, you're not checking nearly often enough! lol). This new found ability has left me wondering. Why is it that when I get at least 40-50 visits per day and the average length of each visit is 3-4 minutes, I never have more than 4 or 5 comments on any one post?


Now I realize that I'm not the most scintillating author and that the majority of what I write is certainly interesting only to a very small viewing public, but with so many repeat visitors I can only think that you actually like reading my posts. So, if you're out there and you're reading this but don't usually post a comment, take this as a “De-Lurking Day.” Hell, take it as a De-Lurking weekend. Come out of the woodwork. Say hello. Say you like my ramblings. Say I'm a boring bitch. I don't care what you say (provided it's not raunchy, and even that might be acceptable if done with taste lol), but say something.


Call it an ego thing.


And, thank you SilverNeurotic for giving me the idea for this blog holiday. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paige
I am officially "de-lurking"!! I am from the UK and read your blog everyday...can't remember how I found it though. I have a little one of 8 months and really enjoy reading about other mums and their little ones...just a little shy about leaving comments though.
Yvette

Anonymous said...

Hello
I am officially "de-lurking"...I am from the UK and look in on your blog every night. I have a little boy of 8 months and really enjoy reading about other mums and their little ones...just a little shy to leave comments though.
Yvette

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the 'de-lurking' is catching on!! I always wondered who was reading and not leaving comments. It's nice to hear from the silent ones every once in a while!

Paige said...

Brandy - Ah yes, you were the one who inspired SilverNeurotic... so I suppose the ultimate thanks for the idea goes to you.

Yvette - Nice to meet you! I was wondering who my Sunbury visitor was! Don't be shy. Feel free to comment at any time. It's always nice to know I'm not talking to myself. :)

Rambler said...

Hello, I am not sure if you remember me , I neither have a kid nor I am a mom :), its nice to read your blog, I find it innocent and true depiction as you chug along your discovery with your baby :)

Unknown said...

Re: De-lurking
Actually, I'm procrastinating by enjoying your postings and also read Stacie's (poor woman).
Maybe while we're out shopping next time we can stop at Living Color and find you a new orchid.
Hug Miss Morgan for me.
Love, Nonna

Gunfighter said...

I'm not de-lurking, as I am commenting on my first visit (I found you via the wonderful Brillig, who is a great blog find... but don't tell her I said that).

My name is Gunfighter, and I approved this message.

Oh, and you get big points for using "scintilating" in a sentence!