Monday, May 28, 2007

Makeover Monday

Last week I mentioned that Google Reader was feeding my habit and causing me to read many more blogs. Well, yesterday I stumbled across Am I Going Mad or Am I Just a Mommy. (Admittedly, it was another habit that brought me there.... LOST, but that's a story for another time.) Moodswinging Mommy has a weekly thread called "Makeover Monday". I'm intrigued and think I'll play along.

Here is a list of my desired accomplishments for this week:

  1. wakeup and hour before the baby so I can get some stuff done around the house calmly and properly, not rushed.

  2. keep up with the laundry

  3. clean the kitchen before going to bed.

  4. find the time to shower each and every day. (sounds gross, yes I know, but MJ is demanding and there is very little time in my day for things that don't include her.)

  5. Go on a date with hubby. (aka CableDad.)*




*From now on I will refer to Morgan strictly as MJ and Jim strictly as CableDad. Call it changing the names to protect the innocent. :)

7 comments:

Heather said...

If I lived next door, you could just drop the munchkin off with me while you went on your date...;)

Paige said...

Great! So move down here and we'll talk rates. :D

Anonymous said...

The shower thing. I understand. As does every single mom out there! :-) Good luck this week. I can't wait to check back in and see how you've done.

Rambler said...

Shower thing, I dont understand :)..
so how often do you get time for it...

Paige said...

Smiling mom - I think most mothers in general would get that. :)

rambler - I usually only get to shower when I get home from kickboxing or the gym and have have to for fear of poisoning the baby with B.O. That's probably two times a week.

Jenn in Holland said...

I can help with this list!
Forget about keeping the house clean and the laundry done--all highly overrated tasks with little reward if you ask me. I mean, people just come along and mess it all up and soil the clothes all over again. Right?
So that eliminates the first three.

Okay, I was joking on the above thing, but this is for real. Now, then, shower WITH the baby. Teach her to love the shower. Then you get clean and she gets clean and everyone feels better. As soon as my babies could sit I just plonked them down in the shower on a mat or in the bouncy seat (it'll dry!) and soaped us both up. Careful rinsing, at least until she's old enough to close her eyes while you rinse the suds.

As to the date thing, I fully support that and I would totally volunteer to watch the baby. I love babies. And I mean I LOOOOOOOOVVVEE BAAAAAAABBIIIEES!

Actually I fully support the whole list. The struggle for balance never ends. Just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

Hi Paige. I'm glad you wandered my way! Thanks for joining us on MM. Sorry it took me so long to make my way over here! Two sick kids are getting in the way of my blogging!

Good luck on your goals this week. (You have a lot, BTW!) Boy, do I understand about having trouble finding time to shower and about cleaning the kitchen before going to bed!