Monday, May 07, 2007

Our first thunderstorm

For any of you who have never been to Miami during the rainy season let me tell you we have some serious thunderstorms. Last night was one of them. It hit just at about 8 pm, which really could not have been more poorly timed as that is Morgan's bedtime. Both Jim and I were sure that we were in for along night of repeated wakings and a lot of frightened crying. Not so. My girl pulled through.

For about an hour and a half the thunder was so loud that it actually shook the house and set off multiple neighborhood car alarms; the lightening flashes so bright the house glowed with an eerie blue light. In spite of all this Morgan slept through it all. Of course, that is, until the storm was over and the house was quiet and dark again. Then she woke up. Figures.

However, the important thing is that she made it through our first real thunderstorm. This little practice run was just in time for the onset of hurricane season. Let's hope we don't have to test her out with one of those storms.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I love thunder storms, though I've noticed my babies seem to ignore them. Go figure.

Stupid formula ad won't load.