Saturday, May 05, 2007

just keep swimming...

Today was her first day in the pool. At first she was a little hesitant. I kept her in my arms as I got in the water and she clung to me very tightly at first. Then as she realized that I was not going to let her go she relaxed and started enjoying herself. I bounced in the shade in the shallow end for a few minutes making "ba-boom, ba-boom" noises. She loved it and started her happy kicking and flapping. Then when she was more comfortable I held her away from me and she "swam" through the water kicking her feet. Her favorite part of the swim, however, was when I stood her on the step. She found it was much easier to stand in the pool than on dry land.

Afterwards we took a shower to get the chlorine off of her and she enjoyed the water spray on her hands and face. We will definitely be swimming again soon.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Photos, please!

Paige said...

I'd love to but since I was in the pool with her I didn't have my camera. Next time hopefully Jim can join us and take some pictures. :)

Heather said...

yeah...I, too, need pictures and/or video of this cuteness!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your first swimming experience! Morgan, your MOMMY learned to swim like a dolphin! Love you, Nonna & Bruce