Sunday, May 27, 2007

Who lives in your neighborhood?

After the Friday night strike of the Orchid Thief the Orchid lady phoned the police to report the theft. Apparently the bicycle of a young girl who lives a block or so away was also stolen. The police informed the Orchid Lady that they are on the lookout for an ex-convict who lives about 2 blocks away. He has been brought up on assault, robbery, kidnapping, and sexual battery charges in the past and the cops are looking for an excuse to get him. They informed the Orchid Lady that he also has had a crack habit in the past and that may account for the recent thefts.

All this talk got me thinking about who actually lives in our neighborhood. Months ago a friend of mine told me about a website called Family Watchdog which keeps track of the home and office locations of registered sex offenders and other criminals. I did a search for our address. We have two in our area.

Who lives in your neighborhood?

5 comments:

Brillig said...

Wow! What a scary thing! I'm gonna go check out who lives in my neighborhood now. Yikes.

Gunfighter said...

In my neighborhood?

One secret Service agent

Two Virginia State Troopers

One fed me) whose agency will remain unnamed.

Two public school teachers

Assorted federal civil servants

Three county employees.

several mebers of the Air force and Army

Paige said...

Holy crap! That's a lot of firearms in one place... lol

Gunfighter said...

We have a VERY quiet neighborhood, lol.

Nikki Neurotic said...

I used to know pretty much everyone on my street, not so much anymore. My neighbors piss me off, and kind of scare me.